Wednesday, December 22, 2010

On the Road Again...

December 22 – Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt) {Future Tool: New Year’s Goal Questions for No-Goals Creatives from Jeffrey Davis. For the next 10 days as you round out your year, we’ll share one tool each day to help you [...]

In 2009, I promised myself I would travel more in 2010. I had the travel bug & I didn't want to stop at anything to venture to new places.

All my life I have wanted to go to California. It just so happened that DrupalCon was in San Francisco this past year, so I saved up, grabbed a few friends, and we headed there for a week. I can't remember ever going on a week vacation, anywhere. Even when I was younger and traveled with my family, it was never for a solid week.

The moment I stepped on the streets of San Francisco, I fell in love. I don't know if you've ever experienced a moment quite like this but I didn't need to go anywhere else, see any destinations, experience the city, I just knew. I just knew that someday, somehow I would live in San Francisco and it is most certainly on my radar now.

In 2010, I also got to visit Austin, TX for a conference at work. I was a little bummed because it was rainy and cold the entire time we were there and there wasn't much time for play with the conference and all. I also got to visit Virginia. I've been to Virginia a few times before but this time was extra special. My best friend got married and it was a beautiful, beautiful time in Virginia when we went.

In 2011, I am going to be going on a cruise with some of my best girlfriends. To where I'm not sure yet, but we know we're definitely going. I am also hoping to visit Arizona to see the Grand Canyon & family, as well as visit North Carolina. I look forward to visiting new places in 2011 & more importantly to creating new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment